UNESCO ACCEPTING PROPOSALS FOR IPDC MEDIA DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Early-career science, technology, and health journalists are invited to apply for the fellowship.
- Funding amount: Between US$ 10,000 and US$ 35,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: All countries covered by UNESCO field offices
- Application languages: English
Every year, IPDC supports an extensive range of projects in developing countries worldwide.
The projects are submitted by local media organizations seeking to expand opportunities for free, independent and pluralistic media. The proposals are selected in line with UNESCO’s strategic programmatic approach in each country based on the development needs identified through the application of the IPDC-endorsed and Journalists’ Safety Indicators.
They must have a clear objective contributing to at least one of theas mentioned on IPDC home page.
Particular attention is always given to proposals from least developed, landlocked and small island countries, as well as those in conflict or post-conflict situations.