UNDESA INTERNSHIP IN THE SECRETARIAT OF THE IGF
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) and the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Secretariat are searching for an intern who will be based in Geneva, for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of the department.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
- Assistance in drafting and preparing official documents.
- Attending and summarising conferences and meetings.
- Document, legal and internet research.
- Assistance during conferences.
- Working on web-presentation.
- Compiling statistics.
- Media analysis.
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organisational goals
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Planning & organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and adjust as required; uses time efficiently.
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, click here.