U.S. EMBASSY SUVA SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR PUBLIC DIPLOMACY SMALL GRANT PROGRAM
- Eligibility: The grant proposals must benefit Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga or Tuvalu and address the Public Diplomacy Initiatives or Embassy Goals.
- Funding amount: As this is a small grant program the typical approved proposals range from US$5,000-$15,000.
- Type of funding: Grant
- Target countries: Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga or Tuvalu
- Application languages: English
The U.S. Embassy Suva is seeking applications for its Public Diplomacy Small Grant Program. The grant proposals must address the Public Diplomacy Initiatives or Embassy Goals.
Public Diplomacy Initiatives
- Foster media contacts and professional development
- Expand STEAM and educational opportunities for youth to meet the needs of a 21st century workforce
- Promote sustainable economic development and women’s economic participation
- Develop partnerships and tools to encourage healthy and resilient populations through lifestyle choice
- Bolster U.S. security and regional security, as well as protect U.S. citizens
- Foster a free and open Indo-Pacific region by promoting a rules-based order, both bilaterally and multilaterally, by supporting responsive, democratic governance, strong civil society and an independent media
- Promote sustained economic prosperity driven by open-market economic policies and high-standard investment; increased connectivity; improved natural resource management; and free, fair, and reciprocal trading relationships
- U.S. commitment to the region is reinforced through efforts to improve human development, island states’ resiliency to natural disasters and access climate change financing, and build regional maritime security partnerships
Read more about the project here.