SOUTHERN MOVEMENT MEDIA FUND (ROUND 2) – UNITED STATES
- Eligibility: For-profit and non-profit organizations, along with projects and individuals, are welcome to apply. The fund will prioritize submissions by Black, Indigenous, people of colour, queer, femme, trans, and gender non-conforming folks, immigrants and children of immigrants, and folks living in rural communities and urban areas underserved by local news and information.
- Funding amount: For individuals: $5,000; For organizations: $15,000.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: USA South
- Application languages: English
Press On is accepting applications for its Southern Movement Media Fund (Round 2), to provide much needed resources to Southern media makers and journalists practicing movement journalism for working alongside their communities, with each other, and with movement partners, to co-create the conditions needed for a quality life.
As was the case fo round 1, the Southern Movement Media Fund round 2 will also focus on documenting, reporting, and archiving the historic 2020 election, uprisings, and coronavirus pandemic from the perspective of marginalised and oppressed people in the South.
Read more about the project here.