RESEARCH MANAGER – BBC MEDIA ACTION
The role reports to the Country Director for Eastern Europe & Central Asia and is based in London, where projects and operations for the region are run from. The Country Research Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of research across a portfolio of projects within the region; ensuring it is appropriately resourced, implemented, reported and disseminated to a range of audiences. The Research Manager will work with research consultants, freelancers and research agencies within the Eastern Europe & Central Asia region in order to deliver audience research across the different phases of projects. The Research Manager will deliver strategic audience research in order to inform and develop projects and programming, monitor its effectiveness and evaluate the impact of projects for donor reporting and organizational and thematic learning.
- Design and implement quantitative and qualitative research and analysis which will help to understand audiences in the Eastern Europe & Central Asia region to support the development of media and communication products.
- Implement effective systems for monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of Eastern Europe & Central Asia projects which will include projects which create media and communication content for social and behavior change communication goals and which aim to develop the role of independent media to better serve audiences with impartial, trusts and balanced media content within the region.
- Manage the day to day implementation of all research activities across the region, ensuring they are conducted to time, quality and budget.
- Deliver high quality research products for different stakeholders including production and project teams, donors, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Country Director in business development, designing research programmes in line with project and donor needs and exercise research insights generated across the portfolio to shape business development proposals and strategic priorities of the region.
- Work collaboratively with the London based Research Team to ensure research for the Eastern Europe & Central Asia region is technically well designed, implemented, analyzed and reported and collaborate and share research insights and methodologies with the wider research team network of global researchers.
- Communicate complex technical ideas using non-technical language to a wide range of audiences from journalists, production staff and development practitioners.
- Visit countries in the region as appropriate/necessary and attend conferences and other events that may be outside normal working hours or place of work as required to undertake the role effectively.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluency in Russian
- Strong quantitative and/or qualitative audience research knowledge, skills and experience;
- Evidence of strong quantitative analytical skills, particularly working creatively with existing data sources/large data sets including use of SPSS, and qualitative analysis in support of practical outcomes.
- Experience of digital research including social media analytics;
- Understanding of media and development sector and the research standards required;
- Experience of working with research agencies and research consultants in Eastern Europe and Central Asia to deliver high quality research data;
- Good research project management including planning and coordinating research and analysis with multi-discipline teams; undertaking or managing fieldwork and adapting methods to challenging and resource-constrained conditions; record of delivering research findings on time, on budget and to a high standard;
- Excellent skills in communicating complex data and insights to a range of stakeholders;
- The ability to juggle multiple needs and deadlines, and creatively solve problems, through being proactive, forward looking, finding solutions and having a positive attitude;
- Open to change and keen to seek out new ways of doing things;
- Knowledge of socio-political, cultural and economic situation in Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
Please, find more information and apply here.