REPORT WOMEN: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR FEMALE LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME IN NIGERIA
- Female journalists with passion for leadership, ethics and social justice
- Proven record of accomplishments in journalism
- An interest in reporting violence against girls and women and criminal justice
- Demonstrated ability to influence change
- Willingness to learn (from faculty, peers and mentors) and share knowledge
- Energetic, positive attitude with strong social skills
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit self, organization and society.
- Funding amount: Not Available
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Nigeria
- Application languages: English
The Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ) in collaboration with the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) has opened applications for its 2021 Report Women! Female Reporters Leadership Programme (FRLP) Fellowship.
This year, the fellowship will focus on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) and Criminal Justice. The overall objective of the FRLP Fellowship is to equip female reporters with leadership skills and position them to take opportunities to lead, provide capacity development for advanced nuanced reporting and create a vibrant cohort of female practitioners who can mainstream girls and women in news reporting.
The 2021 FRLP fellowship exposure will entail the following:
- Four-day immersion training on leadership, SGBV, criminal justice and other girls and women issues
- Six-month mentoring
- Implementation of leadership and story projects on SGBV and criminal justice
- Fellowship award and induction into the most supportive group of female reporters in the world.
Learn more and apply here