FPU PROGRAMME COORDINATOR FOR LATIN AMERICA
Free Press Unlimited (FPU) is looking for a Programme Coordinator for Latin America.
You will be responsible for the implementation of media development projects in collaboration with local partner organisations in Latin America. You will have oversight of financial management and financial reporting aspects of all grants, including budget management and cash flows in line with donor requirements.
The position is based in the office in Amsterdam (32 – 38 hours a week).
Preferred starting date is January 1st, 2020.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Examine the demand for support in the field of journalism, sustainable media development, and freedom of expression in Latin America;
- Design project proposals that meet that demand (including the financial, personnel, and logistics interpretation), where necessary according to the prescribed guidelines of donors involved;
- Design, in consultation with clients and partner organisations if necessary, the content of project activities, assess potential participants, and bear responsibility for the development of appropriate educational materials;
- Plan, monitor, and coordinate the implementation of projects. Steer external parties and check if work is delivered according to the proposals;
- Steer on the basis of the budget and address project staff about reporting on the depletion of the budget (both financial and in hours);
- Prepare the narrative and financial project reports for the benefit of donors, and take care of the necessary (internal and external) information/documentation;
For more information about this position, click here.