2020 EDITION OF PUBLIC MEDIA ALLIANCE GLOBAL GRANT
The Public Media Alliance Global Grant is provided for a media project that would benefit the grantee’s organisation, society and meet the objectives of the Public Media Alliance (PMA) and the grant-funding organisation.
As part of the project, the successful participant will also be required to plan an exchange between their own PMA member organisation and that of the country they intend to visit. On completion of the project the grantee is required to submit a report, pictures, and an account of their experiences.
In 2019, the Global Grants were awarded to PMA members from a wide range of backgrounds including producers, radio reporters, editors, and managers from Lesotho, Seychelles, Bangladesh, Jamaica, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, and the Isle of Man. The grantees worked on topics and ideas from social media guidelines to climate change coverage, newsroom practice, elections, and media law.
Beyond the wider aim of developing knowledge and skills, the PMA Global Grant provides a unique opportunity for international networking. It also enables individuals to develop new ways of exercising freedom of expression and facilitating work on projects that support the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To develop the skills and knowledge of employees of PMA member organisations who have had limited opportunity for travel
- To benefit PMA member organisations and the bursar’s society
- To encourage networking between PMA member organisations
- To develop better ways of exercising freedom of expression
- To work on projects that promote the Sustainable Development Goals
For more information about this opportunity, click here.