CODE FOR AFRICA & DW AKADEMIE: FELLOWSHIP CALL FOR FACTS CHECKING IN ETHIOPIA
- to both freelancers and full-time employees in media or watchdog CSOs
- be an established journalist/manager in a newsroom, watchdog NGO/social enterprise, or research/policy institute;
- be able to commit to publish/broadcast your fact-checks on an appropriate public platform;
- demonstrable local experience/insights in Ethiopia;
- be fluent in English and Amharic, as these will be the languages of tuition and mentorship. Your fact-checks may be produced/published in another language, but translated copies must be made available in either English or Amharic.
- be able to participate in online classes and benefit from the digital mentorship and electronic resources
- be able and willing to commit to attending all classes and completing all lesson assignments during the four months
- demonstrate a commitment to free and independent journalism in your professional career
- Funding amount: Not available
- Category: Fellowship
- Target countries: Ethiopia
- Application languages: English and Amharic
Successful applicants will learn fact-checking techniques through hands-on mentorship and project-based learning.
See here to learn more and apply.