NEW ERA WOMEN WRITERS PROGRAM – USA ONLY
- Community Partnerships or On-Staff Writing Professionals or Teachers with Writing Degrees or who Minored in Writing or any Humanities, Liberal Arts or another degree that teaches or encourages writing
- Non-Profit Organisations and Accredited Institutions with a non-profit arm – i.e. registered 501(c)(3) organisations
- Programs must take place in Florida, New York, Washington, D.C., or Connecticut
- Funding amount: Max. $25,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: USA
- Application language: English
The purpose of the New Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) Women Writers Program is to inspire women and girls to learn to write or support improving their current abilities. The Foundation believes that one of the most important life skills that one can attain is learning to be an effective writer and communicator. They support programs that will provide women and girls with the knowledge and skills to express themselves through the art of writing and to encourage higher levels of training designed to assist women in delivering clear and persuasive arguments for change and equality. This program was designed to support women as they pursue a career and love of writing.
In 2021, The Cornelia T. Bailey Foundation will award at least 40 grants together totalling One Million Dollars.
- Program space that provides a safe and inspiring environment.
- Directed towards: Women who want to learn to write, women who want to hone their existing skills and love of writing and women who might want to pursue a career in writing
- Supports all writing areas: Journalism, Fiction, Poetry, Prose, Blogging, Novel, Autobiography, Book Reviews, Comic Strips, Diaries, Essays, Fables – the sky’s the limit – as long as the program supports women and girls and their writing aspirations.
- Non-English language programs are included as part of these programs.
- Programs can be Workshops, Writing Clubs, Curriculum Based Programs, After-school programs, Summer Programs, Retreats, etc.
For more information please see here.