MONEY TRAIL: GRANTS FOR AFRICAN, ASIAN, AND EUROPEAN JOURNALIST
- Intercontinental journalist teams from Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia.
- Exceptional proposals from individual journalists in Africa and Asia whose story includes an offshore element in a national story – where the money trail leads to a tax haven – can be accepted.
- European journalists planning on applying must collaborate with an African or Asian journalist.
- Foreign correspondents in Africa or Asia must collaborate with local journalists.
- Funding amount: The total amount per call is around 50.000 euro: this amount is distributed among different projects.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Africa, Asia and Europe
- Application languages: English
In Money Trail, Journalismfund.eu offers working grants for (teams of) African, Asian and European journalists to investigate cross-border illicit financial flows, tax abuse money laundering and corruption in Africa, Asia and Europe. Grants are awarded to journalists solely by Journalismfund.eu, with no input or oversight at any stage from the consortium as a whole.
The primary goal of this grant is to expose illicit finance, tax abuse, corruption and money laundering.
Read more about the project here.