« Back to all Members
Pacific Environment Journalists Network
Region: Asia, Pacific, and Oceania
PEJN was launched in Tonga in May, 2018 during the Pacific Media Summit and is the Pacific’s network for environment journalists. PEJN is a product of the COP23 in Bonn, Germany.
In 2017 a group of 10 Pasifika journalists were selected by the COP23 Secretariat for their coverage of climate change stories and issues. The 10 were guests at the famous German media company Deutsche Welle and attended special training on climate change reporting with the Deutsche Welle Academy.
- PEJN aims to coordinate and push development of environmental journalism in the region
- Works with partners: Internews, UNDP, SPREP, PIFS, SPC and others – nationally, regionally and internationally to help develop our journalists and give them opportunities to be able to learn on the job in covering events etc
- We work with media groups within our region on identifying needs for staff development
- Work with partners on finding funding for training and development – and run Media workshops
- Aim to develop Pacific journalists who will tell our stories for the Pacific
- Link with media organisations around the world to share our stories
Country registered in: Tonga
- Asia, Pacific, and Oceania