« Back to all Members
Media Diversity Institute (MDI)
Region: Europe (Central, Northern, Southern, Western)
The Media Diversity Institute (MDI) works internationally to encourage and facilitate responsible media coverage of diversity. It aims to prevent the media from intentionally or unintentionally spreading prejudice, intolerance and hatred which can lead to social tensions, disputes and violent conflict. MDI encourages instead, fair, accurate, inclusive and sensitive media coverage in order to promote understanding between different groups and cultures.
MDI applies a comprehensive and holistic approach of engagement, education and training of all the actors in society who can influence media coverage of diversity. These include:
- Media decision makers: owners, editors, and managers;
- Journalism academics and students;
- Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) concerned with diversity issues;
- Governmental organisations.
Country registered in: United Kingdom
- Europe (Central, Northern, Southern, Western)