« Back to all Members
Gulf Centre for Human Rights (GC4HR)
Region: Middle East and North Africa
The Gulf Centre for Human Rights (GC4HR) is an independent, non-profit NGO that provides support and protection to human rights defenders (HRDs) in order to promote human rights, including but not limited to freedom of expression, association and peaceful assembly. We do this through documenting cases and publishing appeals and reports, organising training, carrying out UN and international advocacy, facilitating emergency support and convening networking meetings. GC4HR is based in Lebanon and documents the environment for HRDs in the Gulf region and neighbouring countries, specifically Bahrain, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen. GC4HR was founded in 2011.
GC4HR’s Overall Objectives:
- To provide protection for human rights defenders and enhance their effectiveness in the Gulf and neighbouring countries.
- To raise awareness locally, regionally and internationally about issues pertaining to human rights defenders at risk.
- To enable a safer environment for human rights defenders at risk, through advocacy at regional fora and via international mechanisms.
- To facilitate networking and exchanges between human rights defenders and social movements.
Country registered in: Lebanon
- Middle East and North Africa