« Back to all Members
European Journalism Centre (EJC)
Region: Europe (Central, Northern, Southern, Western)
The European Journalism Centre (EJC) is an independent, international, non-profit foundation dedicated to the highest standards in journalism, inter alia through the further training of journalists and media professionals. Building on its extensive international network, the Centre operates as a facilitator and partner in a wide variety of journalism related projects.
The main goals of the EJC are to:
- promote high quality journalism through professional training, particularly in a European context;
- provide a forum for discussion, debate, and exchanges of views and experience for journalists, editors, media executives and other media professionals;
- support, through training and networking, high standards of journalism in developing countries;
- promote ongoing journalistic capacity building that answers the needs of media professionals and the media industry;
- monitor and reflect, via research, surveys and publications, on the present and future challenges facing the media;
- create and support networks among media professionals within Europe and with other parts of the world.
The EJC plays a unique role at the European and international level as a partner and organiser for media companies, professional organisations, journalism schools and governmental bodies seeking to establish activities and projects.
Country registered in: Netherlands
- Europe (Central, Northern, Southern, Western)