« Back to all Members
Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
Region: Eastern Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia
BIRN, the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network, was established in 2004 as a network of non-governmental organisations promoting freedom of speech, human rights and democratic values in Southern and Eastern Europe.
BIRN strives to empower people to access their rights, by providing accurate and relevant information and by creating opportunities for them to participate in democratic processes.
Through high-quality reporting and by creating a pool of skilled journalists, BIRN examines and scrutinises key processes, steers debates and provides the public with impartial and reliable information. BIRN Network also monitors and advocates for the transparency and accountability of public institutions and enables CSOs and citizens to influence decision-makers.
Through objective and timely reporting BIRN pays special attention to some major topics – transitional justice, media freedom, rule of law, organized crime and corruption and ecology. It has a wide media presence – online, in print, on TV, and on radio.
Country registered in: Serbia
- Eastern Europe, Caucasus, and Central Asia
» Career Opportunities
- BIRN Kosovo Training on Fact-Checking Journalism for Young Journalists
- Digital Rights Research Lead
- Digital Rights Reporting Training for Balkan Journalists
- Call for Applications: Two-Day Training Course on Investigative Reporting and Fact-Checking
- Calls Opens for EU Investigative Journalism Award 2023
- Digital Rights Training for Journalists