« Back to all Members
Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ)
Region: Middle East and North Africa
Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is the first and leading media organisation in the region dedicated to promoting investigative journalism in Arab newsrooms, still a new practice. ARIJ is devoted to supporting an empowered, connected and innovative ecosystem of investigative journalists, editors and fact checkers in the Arab World, particularly in the post COVID-19 landscape.
Since ARIJ’s founding in 2005, its mission is to empower brave and committed journalists, editors and fact checkers to produce high-quality, verified, fact-based ethical “accountability journalism”, presented in innovative digital storytelling formats. To support the growing network of ARIJeans, ARIJ will expand and strengthen the ecosystem of investigative journalism to ensure its viability in the region against all legal, societal, sectarian, security, surveillance, and political challenges.
ARIJ’s mission is accomplished by:
- Providing training, resources and a community of support to investigative journalists.
- Promoting high professional standards.
- Providing training on data encryption to protect journalists’ sources and files.
- Ensuring the future of ARIJ as a partner for several national investigative journalism chapters.
- Introducing new platforms for research and publication.
Country registered in: Jordan
- Middle East and North Africa