Albanian Media Institute
The Albanian Media Institute (AMI) was established by the end of 1995, thanks to the grant provided by DANIDA and the assistance of the Danish School of Journalism. After more than a decade AMI has been consolidated, constituting at present one of the main actors of civil society in Albania and one of most important journalistic training institutions in the Balkan region.
The mission of AMI is:
- to become a training centre for the journalists of Albania;
- to co-ordinate and support the activities related to the training of journalists and the overall development of media in Albania;
- to undertake studies and projects in support of the development of the Albanian media;
- to establish relations with similar foreign and international organizations;
- to facilitate and make possible the increase of funds and adopt financial strategies which assure long-term sustainability;
- to participate in the legislative processes in the field of media;
- to establish strong relations with the Faculty of Journalism at the Tirana University;
- to create special units for conducting opinion polls.