MDIF: GRANTS TO DIVERSIFY STRENGTHEN & SUPPORT INNOVATION – INDEPENDENT MEDIA INITIATIVES _SOUTHERN AFRICA
- This call for applications is limited to entities based in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Applications are open to existing independent media companies and non-profit organizations, as well as new ventures that are less than a year old.
- Funding amount: USD 5’000 to 15’000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Application language: English
The Media Development Investment Fund announces a call for proposals to participate in the South Africa Media Innovation Program (SAMIP) for independent media organisations to accelerate digital innovation and sustainability among selected independent media in South Africa.
This program seeks to expand this cohort to include a small number of new entrants from the countries mentioned above with the aim to diversify, strengthen and support innovation among independent media initiatives in Southern African countries, through a mix of project funding, technical support, and capacity building over a three-year period.
- Developing new approaches to reporting and storytelling that embrace the possibilities of technology.
- Serving underserved audiences, especially along the lines of race, gender, age, income or location.
- Supporting new models for distributing news that save costs, add value, or reach new audiences.
- Creating new sources of revenue that can support media sustainability and independence.
See here to learn more and apply.