EU INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM AWARD FOR BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA AND KOSOVO
- Eligibility: Individuals or groups of journalists are eligible to apply in all journalism forms (print, online, radio and TV) published or broadcast in the media in each country in official, minority or international languages. Articles eligible for submission must appear in print, online, radio and TV media outlets during the 2019 calendar year.
- Prize amount: The award fund for BiH and Kosovo in 2020 (for achievements in 2019) is 10,000 EUR. The first prize will be 5,000 EUR, the second 3,000 EUR, and the third will be 2,000 EUR.
- Type of funding: Award/Prize
- Target countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo
- Application languages: Albanian, Serbian, BHS
Applications are now open for submission of investigative articles from Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo for the annual EU Investigative Journalism Award. Investigative stories published from January 1 to December 31, 2019, and related to freedom of expression, rule of law, transparency, abuse of power and fundamental rights, corruption and organised crime are welcome to apply.
The award is a part of the ongoing EU project Strengthening Quality News and Independent Journalism in the Western Balkans and Turkey which aims to enhance media trust among citizens and create a safe environment for journalists to produce independent news content through training, mentoring, technical and financial support, and publishing.
Read more about the competition here.