JOURNALISM STORIES ON GENERATING POWER FROM WATERWAYS
- Eligibility: Journalists in the Nile basin
You can apply as an individual, but collaborations – especially cross-border collaborations with journalists from different countries working together – are highly encouraged and will be prioritised. If you are applying in a collaboration, please submit only one email application with documents from all team members attached.
- Funding amount: Max. $1,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Burundi, DRC, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan
- Application language: English
InfoNile invites journalists in the Nile basin to submit applications for investigative multimedia journalism stories on the benefits and pitfalls of generating power from waterways in the Nile basin.
Dams promise an increase in energy supply, economic development, employment, flood control and irrigation, they also pose a threat to fragile ecosystems, displace people, increase floods, contribute to climate change and can also lead to loss of employment.
For more information please see here.