JOB OPPORTUNITY: ADVOCATE FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS’ RIGHTS
Deadline: 31 October | Refugees International is currently hiring a Senior Women and Girls’ Rights Advocate, to be based primarily in their Washington, D.C., office and with additional travel in the field for humanitarian purposes. The advocate will maintain relationships with key networks and advocacy targets relevant to advancing displaced women’s rights.
- Devise and carry out advocacy strategies to aid women and girls’ rights in RI’s strategic plan.
- Help create new policies and direction on women and girls’ issues.
- Conduct field missions to assess the impact of displacement on and humanitarian needs of women and girls, including gender-based violence (GBV), as well as analysing the gaps in areas of response and protection.
- Write field reports and policy papers that analyze the impacts of humanitarian crises on displaced women and girls
- Hold frequent meetings with U.S. government officials, UN agency personnel, and other relevant actors to advocate on behalf of displaced women and girls.
For more information, click here