INTERNEWS RECRUITING NEW EXTERNAL EVALUATOR
Internews is seeking an External Evaluator to conduct a final evaluation for a project that seeks to promote fundamental freedoms of speech, association and peaceful assembly, human rights, and the free flow of information online in Thailand. Throughout the project, Internews and local partners have worked on raising awareness among Thai Internet users about threats to digital privacy, and sustainably improving the digital literacy of journalists, civil society, and the general public.
The External Evaluator will work with the Asia Program Officer and collaborate with Regional M&E Specialist to design, manage and collect qualitative and quantitative data for the final evaluation of the project. The Final Evaluator will liaise with program partners, beneficiaries, and Internews staff to collect this data and prepare a final evaluation report.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Conduct final project evaluation with intermittent support from the Regional and HQ M&E and program staff
- Assess performance of the project in terms of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, and sustainability
- Assess the quality of sub-grantee activities to ensure they are meeting deliverables and measure the impact of their activities.
- Conduct a follow-up lessons learned workshop with project trainers, journalists, CSOs and influential stakeholders to inform best practices for future trainings.
- Work with implementing local partners to gather data and social media analysis of digital literacy campaign and freedom of expression grantees.
- Analyse underlying factors beyond Internews’ control that affect the achievement of the project results.
- Provide recommendations for potential future interventions.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international development, evaluation or related field;
- Proven experience conducting evaluations, particularly for USAID or DRL donors;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods;
- Experience in conducting mid-term or final project evaluations and reporting;
- Experience conducting these evaluations in the context of media development preferred.
- Fluent in English; Thai language is a plus.
- Excellent inter-cultural communication skills/cultural sensitivity and the ability to forge strong cross-cultural relationships and build trust demonstrated through previous intercultural experience;
- Strong facilitation, presentation, writing and communication skills, including solid English writing skills to a publishable standard.
- Experience working with Thai journalist and CSO communities.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES and REQUIREMENTS
- A 2-3 page statement of interest/draft proposal, highlighting how your methodological approach will address the scope planned for this evaluation as well as describing how your profile meets criteria
- A CV and 2 recommendations
- Evidence of evaluation work (e.g. link to evaluation reports or PDF attachments), highlighting evaluation theories and approaches.
- A short cost justification (not included in the 2-3 page limit)
Full details about the position are available here.