INTERNEWS PROGRAM OFFICER – MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
Under the supervision of the Middle East and North Africa Senior Program Officer, the Middle East and North Africa Program Officer performs high-level tasks and directly manages at least one Internews project with fiscal oversight of the program. In addition, the Program Officer supports other programs within the Program Unit.
You’re an ideal candidate for this position if you have extraordinary attention to detail and organizational capacity; great written and oral communication skills; a love for keeping things moving and on track; a voracious desire to learn; and the desire to help protect human rights defenders, journalists, and marginalized people around the world. We work hard, laugh easily, and cheer each other on, so you also need to be ready for that.
Right now, Internews’ headquarters offices are closed and staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. Until then, this position will also function remotely. Ultimately, this position will be based remotely or in our Washington, DC office. Preference will be given to candidates able and willing to commute to our downtown Washington, DC office once it is safe to do so. However, candidates seeking a remote-based position will also be considered.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage all aspects of US Department of State Near Eastern Affairs (NEA)-funded grant program oversight and administration; grant application/proposal review and processing; funders and partners; oversee grant program evaluation and benchmarking; prepare reports; other duties as needed;
- Assist Senior Program Officer, Business Officer, and Program Manager with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables;
- Prepare proposals/reports/monitoring and evaluation, including text editing of proposals;
- Review monthly program updates an internal briefs from partners and consultants;
- Support local partners with proposal development, fundraising, and organizational development in coordination with Internews International;
- Lead writer on all programmatic quarterly reports;
- Support workplan and indicator table reviews and update as needed;
- Identify opportunities for new program development and expansion;
- Main point of contact for all local partner’s programmatic inquiries;
- Support with recruitment for the Middle East and North Africa team;
- Represent Internews at conferences and events, with funders and with policy experts;
- Other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Minimum 5 years programmatic experience in relevant non-profit
- Degree or advanced degree in related field
- Extensive grant proposal writing experience, and proven text-editing proficiency
- Keen understanding of and interest in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do any task required to get the job done
- Excellent research skills and relevant experience; proficiency in MS Office;
- Strong teamwork experience and proven track record of collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Fluency in written and spoken English and either Arabic, French, or Kurdish, with superb writing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Highly organized and structured
- Excellent communication skills – speaking, writing and listening
To apply, please visit Internews website.