INTERNEWS OPENS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR MEDIA SMALL GRANTS POOL 2021 IN INDONESIA
- All applicants must be local and independent organization based in Indonesia with an annual operating budget of less than 150,000 USD including:
- Media organizations and platforms (including radio, social media, podcast etc.), including new or upcoming media. Must demonstrate commitment to public-interest media.
- Organizations founded and led by youth, women, LGBT people, marginalized groups etc. are preferred.
- NGOs or community groups working on gender and social inclusion.
- Applicants do not require legal registration but must have been operating for at least 12 months.
- Internews will also consider Thematic Grant applications from a group or consortium of organizations who may wish to collaborate on an activity.
- Priority will be given to organizations operating in the following geographic locations: Banten, East Java, South Sulawesi, Papua, East Nusa Tenggara, West Kalimantan, and East Kalimantan. However, we also accept organizations operating in Jakarta.
- Funding amount: $15,000 to $24,900
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Indonesia
- Application languages: English
Internews’ USAID-funded MEDIA project is calling on media organizations, NGOs, and community groups in Indonesia to apply for funding to improve the physical and digital safety of women journalists, pilot new public-interest media initiatives or kick-start their formal operations.
This Small Grants Pool aims to broaden the scope and partnership to achieve the goal and objectives of USAID MEDIA in Indonesia. The goal of MEDIA is to increase the availability of and access to quality information towards strengthening democratic accountability and reducing the risk of conflict.
Internews opened a Small Grants Pool to further broaden the scope and nature of the work of partners involved in achieving USAID MEDIA goals and objectives. USAID MEDIA’s goal: Increase the availability and access to quality information to strengthen democratic accountability and reduce the risk of conflict.
- Goal 1: Strengthen the capacity of media with public interest and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to pursue accountability.
- Goal 2: Enable the public interest media and CSOs to pursue accountability in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Goal 3: Increase the impact of the media and CSOs in holding government and business interests to account.
Learn more and apply