INTERNEWS ASIA SEEKING FULL-TIME PROGRAMME ASSOCIATE
Come join a team of dynamic colleagues who are passionate about the power of information to change the world. Internews’ Asia Regional team is seeking a full-time Program Associate. This is a unique, multi-faceted, entry-level role that offers the opportunity to develop administrative and project management skills and build your understanding of the role of media in communities, and how information is a root solution to many of the world’s most pressing issues, including health epidemics, climate change and humanitarian disasters.
You’re an ideal candidate for this position if you have excellent written and oral communication skills; strong attention to detail; a knack for keeping highly organized; dedication to keeping things moving and on track; the ability to prioritize completing tasks; comfort with taking initiative; a voracious desire to learn; and the desire to help protect journalists and marginalized people around the world.
Internews is looking to hire this position in any location that provides a collaborative time zone with Internews’ Asia and US Headquarters offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Collaborate with Asia field teams to ensure reporting and Monitoring & Evaluation of all projects is completed according to the standards and timeline set by the donor;
- Ensure timely and professional production of additional project deliverables, such as research papers or evaluations. This will often include copy editing and design, as well as packaging narrative reports for timely submission;
- Work with Asia Country Leads to develop monthly program updates to share across the organization;
- Maintain reporting tracker, donor matrices, and other program support tools;
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals including desk research, activity design, past performance assessment, proposal writing, and budget narratives;
- Work with the field teams and Internews Communications department in Washington, D.C. and Arcata, CA to produce communications and outreach materials, including web stories, two-pagers, briefing papers, and fact sheets;
- Assist with Accounts Payable functions, such as follow-up on consultant payments and ensuring accurate payment details are provided as needed;
- Assist with HR related functions, such as preparing consultant scopes of work and requests to for consulting agreements, or modifications to existing agreements, and as well as recruitment;
- Maintain Internews’ internal knowledge management database with files, documents, and information specific to Asia programs;
- Provide support to Asia field offices with procurement requests to Grants and Contracts;
- Provide support with organizing international travel and logistics, including with visa application processing;
- Represent Internews at related events and other external meetings as necessary and provide readout notes to team members;
- Coordinate HQ support for local field office registrations;
- Travel across Asia to provide support to country teams, as needed (contingent on resources and OpSec clearance);
- Other duties as assigned;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- B.A. in International Relations, Political Science, Communications, or a related degree;
- Highly computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office; InDesign and Photoshop an advantage;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, professional and a team player;
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Willing to take early-morning or evening calls on a periodic basis;
- Must possess an ability to work with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and sensitivity to different cultures;
- Experience with international non-governmental organizations or media preferred;
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver and good humored.
To apply, please visit the Internews website: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1210