INTERNATIONAL MEDIA SUPPORT: PROGRAMME OFFICER – PAKISTAN
IMS (International Media Support) is a non-profit organisation working to support media in countries affected by armed conflict, human insecurity and political transition. Across four continents, IMS helps to strengthen professional journalism and ensure that media can operate in challenging circumstances.
In the Asia region, IMS work with partners in south and south-east Asia, including Afghanistan, Cambodia, Pakistan, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and elsewhere, to further the safety of journalists, promote professional media content and media reform and build sound institutions that develop and protect good journalism.
IMS are now looking for a Programme Officer to join the diverse and energetic Asia department, help take monitoring and evaluation work forward and harness and communicate the results of Pakistan media development programme. The Programme Officer will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Pakistan Programme
IMS has been active in Pakistan since 2014, working to support and strengthen independent media in the country. The Pakistan country programme is implemented in close collaboration with local partners. The programme has a three-prong focus on: 1 Supporting efforts on safety of journalists; 2 Facilitating efforts on strengthening the independent digital media ecosystem; and 3) Strengthening efforts, including public interest journalism, on promoting diversity and pluralism in media. The three focus areas are closely interlinked and pursued through a mix of research, advocacy and training.
Looking ahead, the ambition is to improve monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and documentation and communication based on a pre-identified medium-term Pakistan strategy, which the Programme Officer will seek to develop in line with IMS’ institutional strategy. M&E and communications will be key tasks of the new Programme Officer.
The programme is implemented in close cooperation with Pakistani partners, building on and strengthening their resilience, sustainability, knowledge and expertise.
The overall objective of the Programme Officer position is to enable IMS’ Pakistan Programme to better document and demonstrate the results and impact of the work of IMS and its partners in Pakistan.
The Programme Officer will be based in Islamabad, Pakistan, with occasional domestic travel.
The Programme Officer will report to the Programme Manager for Pakistan and work closely with IMS colleagues in the region as well as at HQ.
The Programme Officer is responsible for strengthening coordination of results documentation and reporting.
- Coordinate, in close collaboration with the Programme Manager, partners, and the Asia M&E specialist, monitoring efforts and input to reporting to ensure timely, evidence-based programme adjustments
- Coordinate donor reporting by compiling, drafting and editing information and narrative material provided by partners
- Lead the ongoing follow-up on monitoring and evaluation of partners’ work with programme staff
- Assist the Programme Manager with the development of programme design, planning, monitoring and evaluation tools such as theories of change and results frameworks
- Support the alignment of IMS strategies on e.g. gender equality in programme development and delivery
- Provide support to or produce impact assessments, baselines and other types of learning reviews and impact documentation to create an evidence base for IMS’ work and approach
- Finalise a wide variety of documents in terms of substance and presentation
- Work closely with the Organisational Learning unit and the Asia M&E specialist, to ensure documentation of results is done in accordance with institutional needs and approach
- Coordinate with staff in other departments to ensure that learning is shared across the organisation
- Work with the Communications unit in developing communication materials related to Pakistan’s programme portfolio, by e.g. providing content to IMS’ website, social media platforms, media interviews and more
- Contribute to various tasks related to the daily office operations and any other duties that are deemed relevant by the Programme Contract Manager, including attending required events and activities
Please, apply here.