INTERNATIONAL MEDIA SUPPORT LOOKING FOR NEW DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMES
International Media Support (IMS) is searching for new deputy director of programmes.
The overall objective of the role as Deputy Director is to work with the Executive Director as part of the organisation’s management group to lead efforts to implement and institutionalise the organisation’s strategy including work to refine its key methodologies and to deepen the quality of its programmes and results. The Deputy Director is a new position. The Deputy Director will report to IMS’ Executive Director and the IMS Board.
The scope of work entails, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Taking a leading role in the ongoing development and institutionalisation of IMS’ core and specific approaches to independent journalism, safety for journalists and freedom of expression work in its programmes.
- Overseeing efforts to enhance the convergence between programme development, learning, results and communication.
- Overseeing work to enhance programmatic quality and results, including by strengthening learning and providing advice to programmes to ensure that objectives are being achieved and high quality is maintained at all levels.
- Ensuring the ongoing streamlining of and improvement to the organisation’s substantive expertise and their application in programmes together with Heads of Departments.
- Oversee together with IMS’ management the gender mainstreaming of IMS’ programmes, policies and strategies.
- Providing departments and individual programmes with appropriate advice related to strategic aspects of programmes and donor relations.
- Overseeing efforts to enhance visibility of the organisation through strengthened public profiling, improved results communication, and donor reporting.
- Assisting the Executive Director in the management of relationships with key donors.
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development, media and freedom of expression, human rights or adjacent field.
- Solid understanding of the media development and/or freedom of expression fields, including knowledge of key stakeholders globally.
- Broad experience with programme management in an international development context.
- Experience in fundraising and proposal development for government funders including, ideally, Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
- Ability to lead through example and to inspire colleagues; experience in managing staff and delegating responsibility.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to work constructively with colleagues at all levels in the organisation as well as external partners.
Everyone with the required qualifications and skills is encouraged to apply, regardless of sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Duration and location
Duty station: IMS headquarters, Copenhagen, Denmark. Starting date: As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please submit an Application letter and CV with relevant qualifications no later than 25th of June 2019. Interviews with selected candidates will take place end of June 2019.
For further information about IMS please visit www.mediasupport.org