US EMBASSY : EMERGING LEADERS TECHCAMP 2022 _ SOUTH AMERICA
- non-profit, non-governmental organizations.
- individuals are not eligible for an award under this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- organizations may subcontract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal
- for-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Funding amount: up to $80,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay and Venezuela
- Application language: English
The U.S. Embassy in Bolivia announces an open competition for applications to develop and implement a 2-3 day TechCamp on the topic “Improve Media Literacy and Counter Disinformation” to take place in Cochabamba, Bolivia.
Sixty emerging leaders from Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Paraguay and Venezuela will be assisted by established IT professionals in learning about existing technologies and developing online solutions to improve their media literacy and counter disinformation. The grantee will need to coordinate all logistics, including but not limited to domestic and international travel, hotels, meals, venue rentals, welcome event, honoraria for experts, and supplies needed for the event.
- To empower emerging leaders to develop technological solutions to improve media literacy in order help discern facts from falsehoods
- To promote the use of those tools among their peers in their own communities
See here to learn more and apply.