GLOBAL FORUM FOR MEDIA DEVELOPMENT SEEKING NEW COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
About the Position
The communications intern will assist in the coordination of GFMD’s communications and outreach activities in close collaboration with GFMD’s communications manager and advocacy and engagement manager. The successful candidate will be a well-organised, creative individual with strong verbal and written communication skills who is comfortable working independently outside of an office on a decentralised team.
Reports to: Jordan Higgins, Communications Manager
Job type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Writing engaging content for the GFMD website
- Assisting the creation and dissemination of bi-weekly MediaDev Insider newsletter
- Assisting with organising webinars and events
- Updating or developing GFMD’s social media pages and website pages
- Keeping contacts with partners online (updating our membership database)
- Taking minutes during GFMD working group and capacity building webinars
- Engaging with members via email
- Attending a weekly team meeting
- Supporting the Programmes and Policy Manager and Advocacy and Engagement Manager in their policy and engagement work
- Attending relevant events in/around Brussels (if located in Belgium)
- Other duties as required
- Strong organisational skills; ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks concurrently with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English a must. Additional languages, such as French or Spanish, will be considered a plus.
- Enrolled in course of Political Science, Journalism, Web development, Programming, Marketing or Communications, Public diplomacy or similar.
- Excellent social media skills
- Audience analysis skills for online content creation
Interested candidates should send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.