At the 2021 GFMD General Assembly – hosted online and in Tirana, Albania on September 30 and October 01 – GFMD members gathered to elect a new Steering Committee. Voting was hosted online from 21-28 September. 60 out of 80 eligible member organisations voted. The new Steering Committee is as follows:
- Owais Aslam Ali, Secretary General of Pakistan Press Foundation (Pakistan)
- Prue Clarke, Co-founder, Executive Director, New Narratives (Australia)
- Drew Sullivan, Co-founder and Publisher, Journalism Development Network/OCCRP (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Marija Ristic, Regional Director, Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (Serbia)
- Lars Boering, Director, European Journalism Centre (Netherlands)
- Sharon Moshavi, President, International Center for Journalists (USA)
- Wesley Gibbings, Executive Member, Association of Caribbean Media Workers (the Caribbean)
- Mijal Iastrebner, Co-founder and Managing Director, SembraMedia (Latin America)
- Ayman Mhanna, Executive Director, Samir Kassir Foundation – SKeyes Center for Media and Cultural Freedom (Lebanon)
- Roula Mikhael, Executive Director, Maharat Foundation (Lebanon)
- Vusumuzi Sifile, Executive Director, Panos Institute Southern Africa (Zambia)
- Zoé Titus, Director, Namibia Media Trust (Namibia)
- Tabani Moyo, Acting Director, MISA Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe)
- Toby Mendel, Executive Director, Centre for Law and Democracy (Canada)
- Caroline Vuillemin, General Director, Fondation Hirondelle (Switzerland)
- Jan Lublinski, Head of Department, Policy and Learning, Deutsche Welle Akademie (Germany)
- Ruth Kronenburg, Director of Operations, FreePress Unlimited (Netherlands)
The Steering Committee elected Zoé Titus (Namibia Media Trust) to serve as Chair of GFMD. Jan Lublinski (DW-Akademie) was chosen as Deputy, and Ruth Kronenburg (Free Press Unlimited) as Treasurer.
The GFMD team congratulates the newly elected Steering Committee and Executive Committee.
An updated organisational chart can be found here.