GFMD CELEBRATES 15TH ANNIVERSARY
On October 1, 2020, the Global Forum for Media Development will be celebrating its 15th Anniversary.
To celebrate the occasion, we will be hosting an online celebratory event for our members and select guests. The exact dates, times, and registration details are as follows, but note that the agenda for each session will be the same:
- Thursday, 1 October – 15:00-16:30 CEST (UTC+2) | register here
- Friday, 2 October – 09:00-10:30 CEST (UTC+2) | register here
Each day will include:
- A celebratory video marking 15 years of GFMD featuring speeches from current and former GFMD Chairpersons, Directors, and UN representative.
- A timeline of major events and accomplishments for GFMD over the past 15 years.
- Remembering Bettina Peters: Remarks from David Quinn (Director of Development, Thomson Foundation) and updates about memorial events.
- Announcing the Jeanette Minnie Award for Media Development Champions with remarks by Guy Berger (Director for Strategy and Policy (CI/SPO) and Secretary of the International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC), UNESCO).
- Opening the vote on rescheduling the General Assembly for 2021.
- Testimonials and an open mic for participants who would like to say a few words about GFMD.
Celebrating 15 Years of GFMD
In advance of the 15th anniversary, our past and present chairpersons, directors, and UN representatives spoke about the organisation and all that it has achieved since 2005. Hear what they had to say in the video below.