- Eligibility criteria:
– Youth, EU member states and United Kingdom or neighbouring country citizenship, age 18 to 30 years and to demonstrate a real interest in journalism through studies and/or work experience. Applications from former participants are not accepted.
– Only applicants with up to 2 years since graduation (calculated until the moment of the closing of the application period) are eligible.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Besides EU Member States and the United Kingdom, which other countries are accepted in the programme: These are EU candidate countries (Albania, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo), ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) and EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland).
- Application language: English
The European Commission (EC) has announced the Youth4Regions Programme to help journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region. The offer includes: Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy, the chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country, working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week, visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions, the unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States, accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.
Funding Size: N/A