- Eligibility Criteria:
– Proposals must come from media outlets or civil society organizations legally registered in Georgia.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Georgia
- Application language: Georgian or English
European Foundation is pleased to announce a call for proposals focusing on systemic corruption or exposing poor governance in Georgia through fact-finding, reporting, and advocacy activities. Watchdog Reporting for Positive Changes is geared toward bringing violations to the forefront and effecting changes that will improve the lives of Georgian citizens.
The Foundation seeks to identify journalists and media outlets interested and able to engage in the holistic investigation of a single topic of interest.
The primary objectives of the call are as follows:
- To support Georgian journalists and media outlets in their watchdog reporting efforts
that will shine light on systemic corruption or expose uncomfortable truths about
various aspects of governance in Georgia.
- To support partnerships between investigative reporters and CSOs that will ensure
follow up on the conducted investigations, in order to arm Georgian citizens with
information and to effect real changes for families and communities across Georgia.
Potential Focus Areas:
- Political: Government dealings/engagements, issues of political or judicial corruption,
channeling of public funds, misuse of power, etc.
- Economic: Corporate activities, business links, labor rights violations, consumer rights
- Social: Healthcare sector, provision of public services or social assistance, etc.
- Environmental/Ecological: Looking at the linkages between environmental problems,
economic development, and governance failures.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.