- Applicants must be accredited journalists, professionals or trainees – with a Belgian press card –
- Applicants can also develop collective projects collaborating with other journalists, photographers, illustrators, etc. as long as they participate directly in the production of journalistic work.
- Support from the Journalism Fund is available for:
- professional journalists (from the general press or specialized periodicals), independent or employes. With official Belgian press card (SPF Interior).
- recognized trainee journalists with AJP press card.
- collective projects, with at least one accredited journalist. A collective can be made up of a cameraman, a designer or a photographer who supports the accredited journalist. Only the latter can return a project to the Fund, but he or she can apply for funding for the group. In this case, you must check the “collective project” box in the online registration form.
- Funding amount: at least € 50,000
- Category: Fellowship
- Target country: Belgium
- Application language: English
The Fund is at the service of journalists, but it is as well in permanent contact with those responsible for the news media in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. It aslo forges special partnerships with other organizations in Belgium, such as the King Baudouin Foundation or the Pascal Decroos Fund, always with a view to promoting the funding of quality journalistic content. The Fund is also a member of the Global Investigative Journalism Network , the international platform supporting investigative journalism.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: N/A