- Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible the applicant must be:
– A consortium of organizations of which 3 or more are based in different Visegrad countries;
– A non-governmental, civil society organizations (CSOs); municipalities and local governments; schools, higher education institutions; research and scientific bodies and public institutions are eligible as lead partners (applicant) and partners in the consortia; and
– Market actors, e.g., companies – especially innovation and startup-related actors – with a legal entity are also eligible, but only if their Visegrad project is of nonprofit character.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Western Balkan and Eastern Partnership countries
- Application language: English
The Visegrad Fund is accepting applications for the Visegrad+ Grants.
To apply for Visegrad+ Grants, your project must address one of the objectives of the grant program from the seven focus areas eligible for funding.
One of the focus areas of the grant includes:
Democratic Values and the Media
- Projects promoting active participation of citizens in democratic decision-making processes and fostering democratic debate
- Projects promoting transparency and the fight against corruption by supporting knowledge exchange and capacity-building of whistleblowers, investigative journalists, and watchdogs
- Projects improving media and information literacy and increasing resilience towards biased reporting, disinformation, and propaganda
- Projects aiming for better media coverage of relevant topics in the V4 region and increased access to information
No preferences are given as to the project content if the project is in line with the Fund’s main mission, objectives and the Grant rules. The proposed project and its desired outcome must be connected to the main mission of the applicant organization and their partners.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.