- Eligibility Criteria:
– Consortium of organizations of which 3 or more are based in different Visegrad countries
– Any legal entity such as non-governmental, civil society organizations (CSOs); municipalities and local governments; schools, higher education institutions; research and scientific bodies, and public institutions are eligible as lead partner (applicant) and partners in the consortia
– Market actors, e.g., companies – especially innovation and startup-related actors – with a legal entity are also eligible, but only if their Visegrad project is of nonprofit character
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Europe
- Application language: English
The International Visegrad Fund is inviting applications for its Visegrad Grants to support regional partnerships among NGOs and civil society organizations, public institutions and municipalities, private companies and nonprofit organizations as well as education and research centers that contribute to cooperation in the Visegrad region.
To apply for Visegrad Grants, the projects must address one of the seven focus areas such as Democratic Values and the Media.
The following projects fall under the Democratic Values and Media focus area:
- Projects promoting active participation of citizens in democratic decision-making processes and fostering democratic debate
- Projects promoting transparency and the fight against corruption by supporting knowledge exchange and capacity-building of whistleblowers, investigative journalists, and watchdogs
- Projects improving media and information literacy, and increasing resilience towards biased reporting, disinformation, and propaganda
- Projects aiming for better media coverage of relevant topics in the V4 region and increased access to information
The International Visegrad Fund is an international donor organization established by the governments of the Visegrad Group (V4) countries (the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia).
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.