- Eligibility criteria:
– Eligible recipients include:
– Local, national, or community-based organization (non-governmental and not-for-profit)
– Local municipal, regional, or national government institution or agency of the recipient country
– Local academic institution
– Canadian organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities
– International or regional organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities
– Intergovernmental or multilateral institution, organization, or agency working on local development activities
– The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level.
– Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral, and regional organizations may be eligible for funding, provided they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI.
– Similarly, municipal, regional and national government institutions may receive funding, provided that their projects are essentially local in nature.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Vietnam
- Application language: English, Vietnamese
The Embassy of Canada in Vietnam is pleased to launch its annual call for proposal for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).
The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
The average CFLI contribution is C$15,000 to C$30,000 Canadian Dollars (C$100,000 is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI).
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.