- Eligibility Criteria:
– USAID/KEA welcomes concept papers from Kenya-led, Kenya-managed, Kenya-owned organizations. The Mission anticipates that local in-country organizations will implement both as primes and as subawardees, cooperating as part of a consortium or other type of partnership arrangement. KenyaIGAPP will build new partnerships with county governments and intergovernmental organizations, as well as with Kenyan organizations at the national and local level and other non-traditional partners, few of which have been direct grantees.
- Type of Funding: Programmatic
- Target Country: Kenya
- Application language: English
The United States Agency for International Development is announcing the Kenya Inclusive Governance, Accountability, Performance and Participation (Kenya-IGAPP) Annual Program Statement (APS) (known thereafter as Kenya-IGAPP APS).
USAID/KEA seeks to build partnerships with Kenyans, Kenyan leaders, institutions and organizations to promote transformational change in key governance systems and processes. This partnership will be achieved through a new five-year program, the Kenya-IGAPP activity, with the following key results:
- Fraud, waste and abuse in key service delivery sectors decreased;
- Accountability and transparency in electoral and democratic processes improved, while citizen resilience against political manipulation enhanced;
- Devolved services more accountable and better financed to deepen devolution;
- Civic and media space protected and citizen networks strengthened;
- Women’s rights and the rights and aspirations of adolescent girls protected and advanced; and
- Accelerated learning and adaptive management strengthened.
Expected Results and Outcomes: (Result IV out of VI)
Civic and media space protected and citizen networks strengthened:
- Regulatory environment strengthened for improved media independence and protected civic space,
- Post-COVID-19 civil society and media advocacy strategy enhanced to advance and respond to the secondary effects of COVID-19,
- Advocacy on the rights of adolescent girls enhanced, and
- Capacity and internal governance systems of CSO networks and coalitions strengthened. Civil society capacity to diversify funding, and build new partnerships with the private sector, youth and women networks enhanced.
For more information about the programme visit USAID.
- Democracy and good governance
Funding Size: $500,000 - 63,000,000