- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Think tanks
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
- Funding amount: $10,000 to $100,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: India
- Application languages: English, Telegu
The U.S. Mission to India is seeking applications for its ‘Countering Disinformation for Telugu TV Reporters’ funding opportunity that seeks to create a network of Telugu television reporters across media houses in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh who are trained in fact-checking and combating disinformation.
This project aims to build a network of Telugu journalists with strong fact checking skills to decrease mis- and disinformation throughout Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
The objective of this project is to organize a year-long series of training workshops and activities for 30 Telugu-speaking television reporters to build their capacity in consulting multiple sources, using fact checking resources, and combating disinformation.
- Estimated Total Project Funding: USD $50,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling (Maximum):USD $50,000
- Estimated Award Floor (Minimum): USD $25,000
- Length of Project Period: 12 months
Please, find more details and apply here.
- Mis- and Disinformation
Funding Size: N/A