- Eligibility Criteria
– Each country is invited to submit one national project, with exceptions for Least Developed Countries, Small Island Developing States, and countries in conflict situations.
– Regional projects are limited to a maximum of two per cluster office and four per regional office (Nairobi and Montevideo).
– UNESCO Field Offices will select and submit only the most promising proposals to the IPDC Secretariat.
– Project proposals are strongly encouraged to consider the adaptation/use of UNESCO resources such as UNESCO’s journalism education handbooks. – Gender-transformative projects that aim to tackle inequality are strongly recommended, with all proposals required to be at least gender-sensitive.
- Type of Funding: Programmatic
- Target Country: Global
- Application Language: English
In an effort to foster media development worldwide, UNESCO’s International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC) has announced its call for project proposals for the year 2024.
Project proposals are encouraged to leverage UNESCO resources, particularly journalism education handbooks. Addressing gender-related challenges and incorporating innovative approaches is highly encouraged.
Projects should fall within a budget range of USD 10,000 to USD 35,000.
The submission deadline is set for February 12, 2024. See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.