- Eligibility: International media or media pool, or audiovisual production companies must have:
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the media sector;
- A consolidated experience in the theoretical, including online, and practical training of audiovisual media professionals, in particular in documentary production;
- A demonstrated experience in the production and distribution of documentaries in Africa (on migration topic is considered an asset);
- A good knowledge of the challenges and stakes of information in West and Central Africa, and of the media perspective;
- A demonstrated capacity in planning, management and reporting of activities;
- Previous experience with United Nations agencies would be an important asset;
- Excellent writing skills in French or English.
- Funding amount: N/A
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: West and Central Africa
- Application languages: Any language of the EU
Since 2018, UNESCO has been implementing in eight (08) countries from West and Central Africa (Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, Niger, Nigeria, Mali and Senegal), and also in Europe (Italy), the project “Empowering young people in Africa through Media and Communication”, with the support of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS).
The project aims, among others, to build media capacity to empower young people in West and Central Africa to make informed decisions on migration issues through better access to quality information.
The production and dissemination of audiovisual documentaries, in at least two languages (French and English), focused on the reporting and the access to information on migration in West and Central Africa. The documentaries will aim in particular at illustrate the role of the media and journalists (including those involved in the project) in the reporting on migration, as well as the importance for populations (especially young people) to have access to credible information on issues related to migration.
Please, find more details and apply here.