- Eligibility criteria:
– Applicants shall be not for profit entities specialized in media development and/or journalism education (e.g., NGOs, media associations, media development agencies, foundations, academic institutions, noncommercial media institutions);
– The not-for profit entity has been active for at least two years, prove its capacity to operate across all the five sub-regions of Africa (Central Africa, Eastern Africa, Northern Africa, Southern Africa and West Africa), display basic managerial and record-keeping competencies (including project management and oversight procedures), as well as a commitment to defend and respect human rights, freedom of expression and gender equality;
– The not-for profit entity should be able to make at least a 5% minimal financial or in-kind contribution for the implementation and evaluation of the proposed contract.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: African countries
- Application language: English
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO’s programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals in Agenda 2030 adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
This Call for Partnerships (CFP) for Implementation Partners relates to the UNESCO project: “UNESCO Global initiative for excellence in journalism education”. (The project is supported by Google News Initiative).
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: $160,000