- Eligibility: The following foreign organizations are eligible to apply:
– Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
– For-profit media companies that publish in Belarusian or Russian about Belarus events
– Public and private educational institutions
– Public International Organizations
– Cost sharing is not required
– In order to be eligible to receive an award, all organizations must have a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number issued via www.SAM.gov as well as a valid registration on www.SAM.gov. Please see Section D.3 for more information.
– Individuals are not required to have a UEI or be registered in SAM.gov
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Belarus
- Application language: English
The U.S. Mission Belarus Public Diplomacy Section (PDS) of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program to support Belarusian independent media.
This program is designed to support Belarusian independent media in exile and help them continue publishing high-quality content useful to their audiences. This goal complies with the Mission’s Strategic goal to empower Belarusian independent media as a voice to report objectively.
The objective of this program is to provide resources to Belarusian media outlets and journalists to fulfill one of the two following goals:
- Conduct and publish in-depth reporting on a topic about political, social, and/or economic conditions and/or events related to Belarus. Proposals related to corruption, disinformation, local governance, health and safety, law enforcement, or efficient governance are most welcome.
- Research and/or implement one or more methods for increasing revenue for an independent media outlet that has a primarily Belarusian audience. Proposals related to advertising, crowdfunding, alternative ownership, or revenue sources other than grants are most welcome.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $15,000.00 to a maximum of $40,000.00
- Length of performance period: 6 to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: up to 7 awards (dependent on amounts)
- Total available funding: $135,000.00
- Anticipated program start date: October 1, 2023
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.