- Eligibility: The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Think tanks
- Public and private educational institutions
- Funding amount: $35,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: United States
- Application language: English
The U.S. Mission Kathmandu supports a more stable, democratic, and prosperous Nepal. This funding opportunity seeks to train tech-savvy youth between the ages of 16 to 30 from all seven provinces of Nepal. The goal is to help youth cultivate tools to identify election-related misinformation so they can make informed political choices during the upcoming elections. In turn, this strengthens the democratic foundation of Nepal. The project should use a combination of in-person and/or virtual workshops, trainings, video messaging, a targeted social media strategy and radio programs to engage young voters across Nepal.
- Train 50-70 competitively-selected youth on identifying and curbing election-related misinformation. Applicants may choose to use digital program platforms or in-person sessions to train the primary audience.
- Strategize and design online and offline tools that young voters in Nepal can easily access and utilize to aid them in identifying misinformation.
- Produce video messages and public service announcements targeting young voters on identifying and countering misinformation and disinformation.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: N/A