- Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicants must:
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a Civil Society Organisation and/or their associations ; and
– Be established in Liberia or in a Member State of the European Union or in a member country of the OECD.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Liberia
- Application language: English
The European Commission (EC) is pleased to announce a call for proposals that contributes to enhancing the democratic governance of Liberia by empowering and building the capacities of the Liberian Civil Society and the Media.
The specific objective is to enhance freedom of expression and information by strengthening media professionalism and quality of information delivery while promoting human rights and democracy.
For this objective, the priorities are:
- Reinforce the role and capacities of the media in the promotion of human rights and democracy
- Reinforce the role and capacities of the media to cover, report and give voice to citizens on the accountability of public authorities and the implementation of their policy programmes
- Support media networks and umbrella organisations
- Strengthen journalists’ capacities in the use of digital media while countering mis/disinformation, fake news and hate speech
- Support awareness and training activities to implement national and international codes of ethics and conduct to ensure that journalists and media members adhere to the highest ethical standards and professional integrity
- Support an enabling environment for the promotion of freedom of opinion, expression, and access to information in particular in our priority sectors
- Support investigative journalism, particularly in issues related to EC’s cooperation priorities; (i) Enhancing and preserving natural resources for sustainable growth, (ii) Promoting decent jobs and inclusive growth and (iii) Improving financial and democratic governance
- Establish and support a self-sustainable business model for media organisations
- Develop innovative approaches to journalism education
Proposals must include at least six (6) of the above priorities.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.