- Eligibility Criteria:
– This opportunity is open to women and no binary journalists.
– Applicants may be freelance or staff print journalists and may apply individually or as part of a multi-format team.
– Professional journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
– Applicants must have three (3) or more years of professional journalism experience. Internships do not count as professional experience.
– Applicants must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
– Applicants must apply and publish in English.
– Any multi-format reporting must supplement a printed project.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Global
- Application language: English
The Kari Howard Fund for Narrative Journalism is awarding annual grants to report and publish compelling human stories, wherever they are found.
- Grants will be for a maximum of $5,000.
- Applicants may be print journalist or a print journalist leading a multi-media team. Projects reported and published in English anywhere in the world are eligible. All reporting and publishing must be completed within six months of the award of the grant.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.