- Eligibility Criteria
– Must be a journalist working in any medium within the South African media space
– Entries can include a single story, or series of related stories covering any national issue, published in 2023.
- Type of Funding: Programmatic
- Target Region: South Africa
- Application Language: English
The Taco Kuiper Award returns for its 18th year, celebrating the very best of South African investigative journalism. If you had strong work published in 2023 that revealed untold stories, held the powerful to account and questioned those in public and private life, you can again compete for the top prize in the 18th Taco Kuiper Award for Investigative Journalism.
- First – ZAR 200,000
- Second ZAR 100,000
Entries Must Include
- An electronic copy of the entry material as published/broadcast. If the original is reduced in size it must be accompanied by a readable Word/PDF document version.
- Material that is not in English must be accompanied by an English translation or transcript.
- A 100-word biography and photo of each entrant.
- A high-res copy of the publication/broadcaster’s logo.
- A short motivation for the entry (maximum 500 words), including any background the judges should be aware of, an indication of the impact of the story and details of any significant challenge to the accuracy or fairness of the entry, such as published letters, corrections, retractions, formal complaints or continuing court cases.
- Broadcast entries must include a short video clip of the story for publicity purposes.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.