- Eligibility Criteria:
The CSO/NNGO/CBO must meet the following criteria to be eligible for selection:
– Be legally registered as CSO/ NNGO/ CBO with the Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs/ the Relief and Rehabilitation Commission and in possession of a valid registration certificate;
– Be legally registered as a media organisation with the Media Authority of South Sudan and with a valid media license;
– The mandate and founding documents should be in line with the activities for which the fund is being sought; and
– Have an established office in Juba and have an experience in implementing similar/related activities.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: South Sudan
- Application language: English
UNDP is seeking one competent and reputable Civil Society Organization or National Non-Governmental Organization or Community-Based Organization or Media Organization to conduct regular radio outreaches in form of talk shows, jingles, dramas, vox pops and others on issues of GBV and juvenile justice.
The project aims to improve public knowledge on GBV and juvenile justice issues and the work of the GBV and juvenile courts in South Sudan.
Outreach topics will include but are not limited to:
- The different forms of GBV in South Sudan,
- Protection of the needs and rights of GBV survivors through victim-centered and rights-based approaches,
- Fair trial rights and treatment of juvenile offenders and survivors in Court, and
- Survivors’ access to justice and legal remedies through the GBV Courts.
Objectives and Expected Outputs/Deliverables:
- Enhanced public knowledge of around 850,000 people on the different forms of GBV in South Sudan, treatment of juvenile offenders in court, protection of the needs and rights of GBV survivors and children in conflict with the law, and other key related topics by 80%
- Strengthened legal empowerment of women and girls at risk of GBV, survivors of GBV, and communities in South Sudan to protect themselves from violence and combat GBV in all its forms
- Increased advocacy for survivors of GBV and children’s access to justice and legal remedies through the available legal framework and GBV and juvenile courts
Previous recipients of grants may participate in the current competitive process.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.