– Alignment of the agenda with the proposal of the scholarship, including the use of the database of the platform of the international coalition Forests and Finance;
– Consistency in the pre-calculation;
– Originality and journalistic relevance of the agenda;
– Affinity of the proponents with the agenda;
– Resources and journalistic methods to be used;
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Brazil
- Application language: Portuguese
Reporter Brasil launches a reporting grant for journalists and journalism students across the country who are interested in the subject and want to investigate the role of banks and investors in financing companies that collaborate with deforestation and other violations of human and environmental rights.
- Grants of BRL 8,000.00 (eight thousand reais)
- The winners will hold meetings, remote or face-to-face, with Repórter Brasil to plan and monitor the reports throughout the process of verification and preparation, on dates to be arranged.
- The winners will receive 50% of the value of the scholarship as an advance, after signing the term of commitment, and 50% after the final approval of the report. The amount must cover all costs of the investigation and production of the report.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.